Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The seven deadly sins - Greed

Greed -  disloyalty, deliberate betrayal, theft and robbery, especially by means of violence, trickery, or manipulation.
My last email to her, again begging for my belongings. (of course with no response, why would she? she has everything and nothing further to gain).

Hi Lily,
For the last six months I have been contacting you regularly regarding my personal property in your possession and resolution of our mutual property, also in your possession. Although my efforts have, at best, been ignored, you and anyone else would agree I have demonstrated a superhuman degree of patience and civility.

I had hoped, and expected, to settle this in an equitable manner with little acrimony. The very last thing I want is for either of us to incur additional and unwarranted expenses, inconveniences, embarrassments etc.  However this needs to be resolved as I desperately need my belongings and resolution.

I certainly didn’t want to set a deadline and I know you will not react well to such but you would agree that this has gone on far too long. I hope to hear from you by the close of business on Thursday, January 27th 2011, indicating a willingness to put forth a genuine effort to resolve this matter. Should you elect not to make this effort and fail to communicate then cause of action will be taken as well as any and all other actions deemed appropriate in order for me to be made whole and move on with my life. Your lack of response will be indicative of the course to be taken. Perhaps resolution is better placed in the hands of third party authorities anyway? I was hoping we could be decent enough to avoid that process and any resulting indignities and consequences.

Again, I truly hope to hear from you to resolve this matter as I believe it is relatively simple, mutually beneficial, and needn’t involve third parties. You have and have had my contact information. If you have or should obtain the advice of legal counsel please ensure that I am advised as such so communications can be properly directed.

Regards,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment